Before I get ahead of myself, I want to preface this article with a bit of transparency: Aside from exchanging Tweets here and there, I don’t personally know Chris at GLL or Victor Pride. I think they both put out EXCELLENT content, and I was very happy with a purchase I made about a year ago from Vic: 30 Days of Discipline. That being said, I paid for my bottle of Osta-Red, just like everyone else has to, and am not in any way associated with Red Supplements.
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, we can get to it.
Before Osta-Red, I weighed in at roughly 216 pounds. The scale I’ve been using consistently has only been in use since the second week of Osta-Red, so I don’t have an accurate “day one” number. However, at day seven, I was at 216, with 27.8% body fat.
I started taking Osta-Red on December 17, and took my last dose yesterday, February 3. Throughout this time period, I would take 12.5mg (one pill) at 11:00 AM, and another 12.5mg pill at 11:00 PM, giving me the medium dose of 25mg per day.
Starting off at 27.8% body fat, my fairly obvious goal with this product was to drop that number while not losing any lean mass or strength. It’s a difficult thing to achieve. Normally, while calories are being cut, one will lose muscle mass and strength as well. I was also supplementing with Scivation Xtend, a BCAA powder intended to work in a similar manner. Other than that, I supplement daily with Zinc, and occasionally a melatonin/5HTP blend. That’s it. No bullshit protein powders, pre-workouts, creatine, or fat burners (aside from coffee).
My eating protocol was SUPPOSED to be fairly simple: Intermittent fasting until 2 PM, less than 30g of carbs per day. All whole foods like Steak, Chicken Breast, Asparagus, Spinach, and Eggs. Unfortunately, I’ll get to why this didn’t happen as planned.
Workouts were done on a four-day split of Shoulders and Traps (focusing on the standing overhead press), Legs (focusing on squats), Chest and Triceps (focusing on bench press), and Back (focusing on Deadlifts and Lat Pulldowns). Cardio was ideally to happen 3-4 times per week for 30-60 minutes per session.
I picked the absolute dumbest possible time of year to use Osta-Red, and this is fully on me for not having the foresight to plan this more accordingly. Christmas shopping, social functions, driving, late nights and giant tupperware containers filled with leftovers from my girlfriend’s parents. As it turned out, as December turned to January, I was met with even more situations which needed my attention. A legal battle, two close relatives in neighboring hospitals, a broken rib and a massive snowstorm all threw various wrenches into what was supposed to be a controlled environment.
I have discussed those scenarios on here already, so let me get down to the most important takeaway from this article:
- Throughout the 45 days I was taking Osta-Red, I lost ten pounds and 4% body fat, despite eating like a jackass over 50% of the time. Visually, I can see that I’ve lost a bit of fat, and my clothes fit differently.
- My strength increased:
- Bench press went from 230 to 250.
- Squats went from 205 to 230 paused.
- Deadlift went from 405 to 415.
- I had boundless energy in the gym, and could do set after set at or near my maximum weight.
- Pumps were rock solid and lasted longer. I mentioned on Twitter that my muscles felt like they were “made of steel”.
- Sense of calm and well-being is present, but not overly pronounced.
In terms of side effects, I had none. My libido stayed at exactly the same level, I experienced no testicular shrinkage, and the compound didn’t even make me nauseous on an empty stomach (like Zinc does).
Aside from the obvious BENEFITS of the compound, I did not feel ANY different.
And as we know, a picture is worth 1000 words…
The differences are pretty apparent.
So where do I go from here? I think it’s fair to say that Osta-Red works pretty damn well, and that I’ll be using the supplement again. I know what to expect from the stuff, so I can go into the next round prepared.
Here’s the breakdown:
- I’m upping the dosage to 37.5 mg (three capsules) per day, taking one every eight hours for 30 days.
- I’m sticking to 6 days a week of Ketogenic dieting (-30g of carbohydrates) with one cheat day per week. I will not be counting calories.
- I’m going to continue lifting on my standard split.
- I’ll be re-introducing outdoor cardio as the weather breaks (and definitely during my trip to Florida later this month) via my mountain bikes, my road bike (which rarely gets mentioned on here), and walking/running in my neighborhood.
- I tend to go overboard on cardio for a few days at a time and then crash. I’m limiting my cardio time so it’s more sustainable.
All in all, I have to say that Osta-Red is the most effective supplement I’ve ever used. Nothing else comes close.
The last point worth mentioning is the fucking STELLAR customer service from the OWNERS of the company. Any time I have had questions about the product or my protocol, those guys were quick to answer questions and clarify anything I was confused about.
Until next time,