The Oncoming Storm

This blog has been somewhat quiet lately, and there’s a good reason for that.

I am currently working on my first book. 

It’s likely to be finished in the early months of 2016, and has been taking 100% of my writing energy. I’d like to spend more time on this blog, youtube, and some other media outlets (potentially a podcast), but I’ve had momentum when it comes to my book, and in my experience, when you have momentum, it’s best to hang onto it.

What is the book about?

In the simplest of terms, it’s about my experiences with transformation, mindset, and re-invention. It’s part autobiography, part how-to.

It’s about perseverance, willpower, mindset, and powering through pain (both physical and mental), fear, and doubt. The subject matter will not be anything particularly groundbreaking, but at the same time, it’s unique because it’s my story, my struggles, my failures and my victories. I truly believe there’s a lot to be learned from it.

The kicker, unfortunately, is that the book can’t be completed until I reach some personal goals, both physically and mentally.

I’m on the cusp of putting my life into a truly amazing place. I’m not there yet, though. Every day is a war, and if I am brutally honest with myself, about 60% of the time I come out on top, and the other 40% I’m left defeated, waving the white flag.

Why are you writing this book? You have basically no audience.

First and foremost, I want to do it. Shit, I need to do it. Even if no one reads it, I simply want to produce something I’m proud of. But of course, I want people to read it, learn from it, and apply it.

It’s going to be a good read, as it’s the type of book I enjoy. I’ve also been spending some time digging through the archives for some photos to accompany the book. It’s certainly going to be embarrassing when I put some of them out there, but the story can’t be told as well without them.

So stay tuned for more updates, but for now, it’s back to the more pressing issues at hand, such as steaks and weightlifting.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s